I bet you didn’t know you could get in a full core workout using nothing but a cushion! During this craziness with gyms closed and at home gym equipment flying off the shelves, it’s good to know that you can get in your workout using household objects. Here’s my little core cushion workout, I hope you enjoy!
Double Leg Lowers – 3 x 10 reps
- Place your cushion underneath your sacrum (that’s the spot between your lower back and booty). Note: You may need to fold your cushion in half if it doesn’t have a lot of fluff.
- Stick your legs straight up in the air and then slowly lower them toward the ground.
- Get them as low as you can before your back starts lifting off the ground and then raise them back up toward the ceiling.
- Don’t worry if you can’t get them low! As you see in the video, mine aren’t going down that low but I’m still feeling the burn, promise!
- The stronger you get, the lower they’ll go.
Superwoman – 3 x 10 reps
Let’s not focus on my awkwardness in this video, ok?
- Lay flat on your stomach with your arms outstretched in front of you, cushion in hands.
- Lift legs, arms, head and shoulders as high as you can.
- Hold for a sec, then lower back down.
- The weight of your cushion will give your shoulders some extra work!
Donkey Kicks – 3 each side x 15 reps
- From all fours, place the cushion behind your knee and hold in place with your calf.
- Lift your heel toward the ceiling, flexing that booty.
- Lower down and repeat.
- Make sure to squeeze that cushion tight to hold it in place.
- You’ll feel that extra work of making sure your cushion doesn’t fall.
Passing Scissors – 3 x 20 reps
- Lay on your back with your head and shoulders lifted and the cushion in one hand.
- Stretch one leg out in front of you, keeping it hovering over the ground.
- Stretch the other leg into the air.
- Pass the cushion between your legs to the other hand and switch legs.
- Believe me, you will feel this! (Remember to keep your head and shoulders lifted).
Side Plank Oblique Crunches – 3 each side x 10 reps
- Lay on one side, using your bottom forearm, lift your head, shoulders and torso up off the ground.
- Using your bottom leg as a kick stand, and stretching out your top leg, lift your hips in the air creating a straight line from your head to your toes.
- With your cushion in your top hand, lift that arm toward the ceiling and then over your head.
- Crunch your top oblique, bending your top knee toward your head, and bend your top elbow, brining it toward your bent knee.
- Stretch everything back out, and repeat.
I’ve never written out instruction for this movement and they are wonky. Just watch the video on how-to! Lol!
Do three rounds of each movement, with the reps listed and feel the burn! Don’t forget to get in both sides on the donkey kicks (we don’t want lopsided booties) and the oblique crunches. Happy workout!
Please note: You are responsible for your own body if you attempt these workouts. I don’t have control and am not liable if you fall or injure yourself by attempting these exercises.